"Year of the Adopted Family" book release

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Traded Time for What is Most Important


I volunteered to coach youth tellers from the Ogden City School District for the Weber State University Storytelling Festival, and this meant a time switch of the usual practice time with my story buddy, Joanna Huffaker, for The Changeling story.

Later in the evening, I attended the Clearfield Storytelling Festival. Several people asked, when I arrived, if I was performing. I said, "No, but I love being story listener, too!"

I received permission to have a booth on storytelling, which included a poster and some postcards of my premiere.

Marilyn Lawrence, substitute teacher through the Davis School District, was there and said she planned to go to the premiere.

She missed me at the 2009 Farmington Storytelling Festival. I was invited to tell there but it conflicted with the Adoption Education Seminar that my husband and I attended to learn about the adoption process.

I am glad we went to the seminar though.

Time is sometimes needed to trade for that which is most important.

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Professional Storyteller
Former Co-Chair of Youth, Educators, and Storytellers Alliance (2005-2008)
Tel: (801) 870-5799
Email: info@rachelhedman.com
Performance Blog: http://familyfamine.blogspot.com
Other places to find me: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Professional Storyteller

No comments: