"Year of the Adopted Family" book release

Monday, January 26, 2009

Adding to the Board's Agenda: "Support Me!"


Amongst all the work to do for the Family Famine: Hunger for Love premiere, I still was on the Weber State University Storytelling Festival Board.

We had a Board meeting today.

We usually had meetings once a month.


Since the festival occurs in February, we have had them every other week.

With permission, I asked if Dr. Ann Ellis, the Executive Director, could allow me to make a quick mention of my premiere.

She graciously said yes.

I also passed around my wooden bowl with individualized postcards on the event to the Board members.

Those who were not in attendance would receive their postcards in the mail.

I am grateful to how giving the storytelling community is for us storytellers.

When we promote each other, we promote the art itself.

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Professional Storyteller
Former Co-Chair of Youth, Educators, and Storytellers Alliance (2005-2008)
Tel: (801) 870-5799
Email: info@rachelhedman.com
Performance Blog: http://familyfamine.blogspot.com
Other places to find me: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Professional Storyteller

No comments: