"Year of the Adopted Family" book release

Friday, September 12, 2008

Verdict of "No" but still Hope


After much anticipation, I received a reply from one of the Brigham Young University Communications professors in help on my marketing campaign for "Family Famine: Hunger for Love" narrative production.

"No."

Understandable. Though I find it never hurts to ask.

The professor said, "Even the most advanced class would be challenged by what you propose, let alone a beginning class."

Even with this answer, I find hope. The professor said that the request will be forwarded to the further-along Creative Track students as well as to the Ad Lab on campus. There may be a student or two who would like something like this in their portfolio.

Perhaps this was a strange sort of compliment to indicate the type of project I have on my hands. I am even more driven to have my dreams come to pass.

Besides, for every "no" I get closer to a "yes!"

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Professional Storyteller
Co-Chair of Youth, Educators, and Storytellers Alliance
Tel: (801) 870-5799
Email: info@rachelhedman.com
Performance Blog: http://familyfamine.blogspot.com

No comments: