"Year of the Adopted Family" book release

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trek for "This is the Right Place" Venue


I have yet to announce an official venue for the "Family Famine: Hunger for Love" narrative production premiere on February 9, 2009.



One thing is certain--I will perform at Brigham Young University.

Now I have set an additional date. My trek to the BYU campus will be on Tuesday, October 21st. I will already be in the area as some storytelling friends, Wendy Gourley and Nannette Watts, are performing in combination with the Utah Valley University Contemporary Dance team in Orem, UT (neighboring city to Provo).

While at BYU, I do not expect to have a place reserved though I do hope to meet the people over scheduling. Depending on the costs to reserve the place, I may need to secure sponsors.

While on campus, I will also attempt to meet with:
1. Family Science professors
2. Folklore professors, including the two who have been advisers for the BYU Storytelling Club since I jumpstarted it in 1998
3. Humanities professors
4. Education professors
5. Art professors
6. Theatre Media professors
7. Current BYU Storytelling Club President

I will likely have a follow-up day to return to the BYU campus for the professors I cannot see on Tuesday.

Though I am a proponent for the use of technology for networking, I still place the most value in meeting people face-to-face. Once I have met someone, then I feel more comfortable communicating through mail, telephone, and email.

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Professional Storyteller
Co-Chair of Youth, Educators, and Storytellers Alliance
Tel: (801) 870-5799
Email: info@rachelhedman.com
Performance Blog: http://familyfamine.blogspot.com
Other places to find me: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Professional Storyteller

No comments: