"Year of the Adopted Family" book release

Monday, November 17, 2008

Official Venue: I have Covey Center for the Arts!


I learned that the Covey Center for the Arts signed their half of the venue contract.

Now it is official: I have the place for my premiere on February 9, 2009 at 8:00pm!

I will wait to send out invites through Facebook, Twitter, Professional Storyteller, and other online avenues until the information on the "Family Famine: Hunger for Love" narrative production is on the Covey Center for the Arts website. By November 26th the page will be up, if not earlier. When I receive notification, then I will also submit the event to online calendars including NowPlayingUtah.com.

Each event that takes place there has their own page to post a few pictures, description, and list any websites connected to it. Of most use is link so people could order tickets online.

Perhaps I should not have stalled to work on the "Family Famine: Hunger for Love" logo. I wanted to have the venue in place first as the location's information would be needed for posters, fliers, and postcards. The logo itself did not need those details. Still, there is a certain security to waiting when things are more in stone.

I could always have the logo uploaded on the Covey Center for the Arts website as I get it. In the meantime, I will submit the picture of me looking back over my shoulder. This is the same picture used for my Facebook support group.

I expect to have pictures of my accompanist and possible someone to sing duet with me for a song or two. This will be more clear as the structures of the stories progress.

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Professional Storyteller
Former Co-Chair of Youth, Educators, and Storytellers Alliance (2005-2008)
Tel: (801) 870-5799
Email: info@rachelhedman.com
Performance Blog: http://familyfamine.blogspot.com
Other places to find me: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Professional Storyteller

No comments: