"Year of the Adopted Family" book release

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Student to my Rescue: Research Assistance


When approached to be part of the Weber State University Storytelling Festival Board, I was honored.

Then I realized how many other projects and positions I had and wondered if this was too much.

Finally, I was promised that in return for work with the festival, an undergraduate student would be found within the Department of Education to assist in research for the "Family Famine: Hunger for Love" project.

Today I received the telephone call from the student.

We did not chat for long, though we were able to discuss the main ideas of the project and the goals. Eventually, we will meet in-person to get to know each other better and see how we could mutually benefit from the exchange.

She is majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in American Sign Language. I did not think about it while speaking with her, though afterward I wondered about the possibility of having an ASL interpreter at the premiere. A couple months ago this idea intrigued me. I forgot about it. . .until now.

In the meantime, I am requesting to see the senior project guidelines to make sure "Family Famine: Hunger for Love" will match what is required of the university. Interestingly, this narrative production connects to achieving my Storytelling Masters.

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Professional Storyteller
Former Co-Chair of Youth, Educators, and Storytellers Alliance (2005-2008)
Tel: (801) 870-5799
Email: info@rachelhedman.com
Performance Blog: http://familyfamine.blogspot.com
Other places to find me: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Professional Storyteller

No comments: