"Year of the Adopted Family" book release

Friday, September 26, 2008

When in Pursuit of a Logo: Paths to Take


As Cohezion Communications created phenomenal work from my logo to the Utah Storytelling Guild to StoryFest, then they would also help in putting my logo for the "Family Famine: Hunger for Love" narrative production (see image from my business card).

I asked for the logo to merge some elements of my own logo so that someone could look at the artwork and say, "This must be connected with Rachel Hedman."

Originally, I thought some Communications students from Brigham Young University could develop the logo, but it seems that this is not possible for this particular project. By going through a company, the starting cost is usually $500 whereas there is little to no cost when able to partner with a college class.

For quality I am willing to spend money to get it, though I am also aware that college students are taught the latest in software and techniques so the outcomes can be just as amazing.

Any program that I create should have a separate logo, though this narrative production will be the first to put my "rule" to action.

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Professional Storyteller
Co-Chair of Youth, Educators, and Storytellers Alliance
Tel: (801) 870-5799
Email: info@rachelhedman.com
Performance Blog: http://familyfamine.blogspot.com
Other places to find me: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Professional Storyteller

1 comment:

mhawks said...

Rachel, when I was at INMAN 2008 SF in July, I met a 13 y.o. girl who does logos for free, only asking for a letter of recommendation in return. she's one smart cookie, developing her portfolio & anchoring her future. Her name is alisa.rastorgueva@gmail.com and her company is Logo Karma. Might be interesting for you, once upon a time...mhawks