"Year of the Adopted Family" book release

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Forsaken Brother Practices: Ideal vs. Reality


As always on Tuesday morning, I headed to Julie Barnson's house to practice Forsaken Brother.

I got to practice with guitarist Joshua Payne again.

I felt chills every time he made the guitar howl like a wolf for the story.

Although upright bass player Geoffrey Rayback could not make any of these Tuesday morning practices, I knew that Joshua recorded every session (as did I) and that Geoffrey would mostly follow Joshua when it came to the premiere.

Of course, I would have loved to practice more often with Joshua and Geoffrey, but sometimes the ideal must be substituted with reality.

Rather than dwelling on the "I wish", there is always something to celebrate.

However, the next Tuesday we would practice in the evening and Geoffrey could make that one.

Yes, we would be able to practice as a trio before the premiere.

Until we tell again,

Rachel Hedman
Professional Storyteller
Former Co-Chair of Youth, Educators, and Storytellers Alliance (2005-2008)
Tel: (801) 870-5799
Email: info@rachelhedman.com
Performance Blog: http://familyfamine.blogspot.com
Other places to find me: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Professional Storyteller

No comments: